Out with the old, in with the bold!”
When it comes to being bold, sometimes we fall into two categories. Some women think they’re too bold and need to hold back more. Other women think they’re not bold enough and need to speak up and step up more often.
Whether you think you’re “too much” or “not enough,” listen to me girl—the world needs your bold. It needs women who are:
- bold enough to chase their dreams, even when the odds are stacked against them
- bold enough to challenge the status quo, even when they’re shaking inside
- bold enough to stand up to anxiety and depression and say “you can’t have me anymore!”
- bold enough to say, “I made a mistake. I’m sorry!” because ego has no hold of their hearts
- bold enough to rest and slow down, even when the world says speed up and hustle
- bold enough to lose control AND take control when the situation and mood requires
- bold enough to stop letting negative thoughts, people’s opinions, and side-eye glances keep you stuck and in bondage….
We know boldness is a leadership trait, but apart from that, it’s just a really good quality to have, which is why I wanted to explore what bold people do differently than those who tend to hold back or second guess themselves.
When we speak about boldness, we’re not talking about a reckless boldness that destroys everything and everyone in its path. We’re talking about a controlled and calculated boldness—the embodiment of a character trait meant to have a positive impact for growth, change, and breakthrough.
Although there are many things bold people do differently, here are 5 of them:
- They get to know their character, motives, feelings, and desires
Bold individuals are also self-aware individuals. They are aware of both their strengths and their limitations and they don’t overextend them. They’re confident in their abilities and their potential for increased capacity, but they do not act foolish or careless about their weaknesses by trying to overcompensate for them or turn them into insecurities.
- They’re Diligent About What They Accept
Bold individuals accept responsibility for their mistakes, accept who they currently are while continuing to grow and learn, and accept help and support. They don’t, however, accept the status quo or limitations that are put on them by someone else.
Bold individuals think through what they’re willing to accept and how that acceptance impacts them. There are times when they don’t accept “no” in the face of their dreams and there are times when they choose to say “no” to a good opportunity to chase those dreams.
- They Speak Up and Stand Up
Bold individuals ask for what they want. They’re not afraid to send a cold pitch email, mingle and network at an event, or go on a trip with a group of lady bosses they’ve never met.
They speak up when they have an idea or when they see something wrong. They also stand up for what they believe in even if it means they risk a job or friendship doing so.
- They Take Risks and Win Small Goals at a Time
Bold people understand that failure and rejection are simply a part of life and or business. They take calculated risks and aren’t afraid of loss. Where others might be too timid to grab hold of an opportunity or “put everything on the line,” they’re willing to do it if they believe in what they’re doing.
They don’t’ sit around and wait for the right opportunity, they make opportunities for themselves and consistently show up to achieve one small goal and win at a time.
- They Know What They Need to Accomplish
Bold people have an awareness of what they need to accomplish. Whether they have an elaborate to-do list or a mental strategy, they know what needs to be done to reach their desired outcome. They have a plan for their lives and for their days.
Whether you think you need to be bolder or feel like you need to dial the boldness back, I hope this inspired you to own your boldness, fan that inner flame within, and continue to grow in your courage and confidence.
More to come…