Happy New Year! Cue the confetti, we made it. This year, I’m all about word of the year. For the past several years, I’ve tossed out the idea of a New Year’s resolution and instead of making elaborate promises to myself in the form of resolutions, I chose to do “word of the year.” Selecting a word of the year is a great way to create a mantra to help guide your daily actions to become a better version of yourself.
MY WORD OF THE YEAR
For 2021 my word of the year is, BOLD. Yep, that’s right BOLD!
- 1. (of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous
I’m ready to embrace my flaws, un-ticked boxes, and yet to reach goals. It’s time for me to be bold and stop the self sabotaging and love and accept exactly who I am, knowing that I have everything I need inside of me to be bold. Bold speaks to an idea I want to define how I live in 2021:
- Bold enough to stand up to anxiety and depression and say, “You can’t have me anymore!”
- Bold enough to chase my dreams even when the odds are stacked against me
- Bold enough to say, “I made a mistake. I’m sorry!” because ego has no hold of my heart
- Bold enough to rest and slow down, even when the world says speed up and hustle
- Bold enough to lose control AND take control when the situation and mood requires
- Bold enough to stop letting negative thoughts, people’s opinions, and side-eye glances keep me stuck and in bondage…”a bold attempt to solve the crisis”
“The doors will be opened to those who are bold enough to knock.”
SHOP THE LOOK
POTENTIAL WORD OF THE YEAR
If you haven’t selected your word of the year, listen to me girl it’s not too late. To help you choose your word of the year I’m sharing a list of 50 potential words to help you come up with your word of the year.
|· Aware||· Resilient||· Grateful|
|· Challenge||· Become||· Encourage|
|· Surrender||· Commit||· Grow|
|· Build||· Community||· Reliable|
|· Vulnerable||· Active||· Loyal|
|· Whole||· Dream||· Grounded|
|· Balance||· Serve||· Flourish|
|· Gratitude||· Grounded||· Free|
|· Fly||· Try||· Create|
|· Mend||· Strength||· Humble|
|· Clarity||· Healing||· Challenge|
|· Start||· Blossom||· Learn|
|· Confidence||· Bold||· Fearless|
|· Intentional||· Align||· Discipline|
|· Thrive||· Piece||· Focus|
|· Wellness||· Grace||· Wellness|
|· Persistence||· Authentic||· Change|
|· Service||· Value||· Radiant|
Having a visual reminder of your Word of the Year is an amazing way to carry your word with you throughout the entire year, so we’ve rounded up a few word of the year gifts that will remind you to keep your focus on your word all year long!
SHOP WORD OF THE YEAR GIFTS
Do you have a word for the new year? If so, what is it? Let me know in the comments.
More to come…